Young J 334
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: For guys that also play madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Hey Guys,
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I'm in the opposite spot. I have Madden and haven't played NCAA at all this year. Just don't have enough time for two football games so I went with Madden after reading a lot of negative posts about NCAA early on.

I'm still playing Madden and using IQ/My Skill, and overall having a pretty good time. Biggest issue I have is I don't lose enough games using IQ or any sliders available. With the removal of CPU sliders it's about impossible to tune the game using custom sliders so I've stuck with My Skill as the better option imo.

Anyway, I was thinking down the road I might trade for NCAA if it is in fact a much better game. Any specific details on why many of you seem to prefer NCAA as the better game for 09? In the past my biggest issue with NCAA is that once your team is in the top 10, the game is just too easy because recruiting with a top 10 team is WAY too easy, adn you end up with a team full of studs. Any big changes/upgrades to the 09' version over previous years?

Thanks!
I say trade it! PLEASE Get rid of Madden. Unless you want to see your NCAA stars on the Madden gridiron through exports (my main reason for coppin this year's madden). What a let down

NCAA brings: (all imo)

1. A much better game atmosphere
2. Smooth/ new animations (sometimes can be a bad thing)
3. SLIDERS for fine tuning
4. A MUCH MUCH better dynasty online and off
5. Lots of cheesy players but well less than Madden. Lol

NCAA lacks: (all imo)

1. CPU adaptation. You can run non cheese/money plays that will work 3-4 times in a row

2. What I call...Head on a Swivel Physics. Guys knock down passes w/o any idea of where the ball is in NCAA. They actually see the ball in Madden (good job EA!)

3. Smart CPU play calling on 3rd downs. i.e...3&8 and the game's slowest QB will try a QB option and try to run it himself. Wtf? But beware. To me, for some reason they always make a near perfect call on 4th down. You can stop them for negative yards on the first 3 downs but they pull a trick out of the bag on 4th down. Either the WR catches a ball, breaks a big hit and an extra tackle or the RB bulls his way past the 1st down marker. Its kind of frustrating but it gives you a feeling that they are actually "trying" to win.

Advertisements - Register to remove