View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #159
Smallberries
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

I hope 2k is really listening.

1) fix the BUGS. Here are just a few off the top of my head.
- players coming off the injured reserve (you try to manually adjust the lineup, but they aren't available until you demote and then promote them)
- rainouts
- 1b-man fielding the ball and tossing to a covering pitcher who isn't standing on the base
- statistical leaderboard for minor leagues teams is completed wacked
- fix the freeze-up issues in the game. VERY annoying.
- When pitching, with runners on 1st and 3rd, if you toss a ball to 1st base the runner on third scores and you can't doing anything about it because the game won't let you throw home.
- If you sim the AI games one at a time in the playoffs or WS, it messes up their pitching rotations and the same pitcher ends up pitching the next game as well. (not a deal breaker, but should be fixed)

2) fix ANNOYANCES, like these:
- when batting, and with multiple baserunners, you can't individually control their leadoffs.
- In "manage sim game" mode, there's no way to warm up a pitcher or sit them down while batting, so they end up wasting away between innings or not being ready when you need them.
- why can't we see game stats from old games, or from other teams' games? How much 360 memory is really needed for something like that? C'mon!
- Improve the speed of the "save game/franchise" function. Why on earth do we have to click on "ok" in the middle of saving (when it tells us that 2kbeats or something is being saved to the harddrive). It's not like we have an option to NOT save at that point.
- while ordering a hotdog at the concession stand, the fat pixelated guy in the green shirt makes a better door than a window.

3) Improve the batting interface. It sucks. (Pitching interface is good, although I liked 2k7's also). There's absolutely no "feel' to hitting in this game with regard to the traditional "button" control method. After playing two full seasons, I still don't fully understand the "seeing eye," since whenever I target the pitch exactly, it seems to have very little effect on how I hit the ball. And I've always hated the thumbstick control scheme, which is simply a timing gimmick. Why can't you provide what so many of us want, and that is a more tradtional method (zone?) using a thumbstick to actually target the pitch and a button (or trigger) to swing? Or if you MUST go with a thumbstick swinging mechanism, how about making it a little easier and doing away with the weight shift (let the game manage that) and make it so you just push up to swing -- the quicker you push up, the harder the swing, and the more difficult it would be to checkswing. This would allow the player to sort of choke up on the bat when down in the count and battle a little better. And in this scenario, I'd still like to see the other thumbstick used to pick the spot of the pitch (even if it's just general "zone" quadrants).

That is all.