itbeme23
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NOOB QUESTION ABOUT ROSTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
itbeme23.............

I personally think that it's better to play 2K5 on the original Xbox for a handful of reasons.

1) 2K5's game engine was programmed and designed for Xbox (and then ported over to PS2).

2) I dont own a 360 but there's not going to be any difference graphics wise because again, the game was done for the original Xbox.

3) It's much quicker and easier to transfer roster and franchise files to and from your PC using the original Xbox and the Action Replay.

4) I may be wrong on this but I actually purchased an Xport for 360 after 2K5 went backwards compatible but decided against buying 360 because from what I read, you have to remove the 360's hard drive in order to transfer the files on to it and that if you dont know what you're doing (which I never do, lol), you can screw up the 360's hard drive.

5) While the controllers are the same, if you plan on playing 2K5 a LOT, then why waste extra money on batteries for the 360 controller when you can use that money to buy the Action Replay instead.

Regarding the Xbox Live account -

It's not required for rosters or to use Finn's edior. The main thing is that if you can get on Live on your original Xbox and go online with 2K5, it will download the update which solves the clipping penalty glitch on offensive/defensive plays even though it still exists on punt returns but im more concerned about my RB's stats than the PR.

Regarding Finn's editor -

No, you dont need it to download or transfer rosters but trust me, you will want it because Finn's editor allows you to do so many things that cant be done in-game. In fact, if it wasnt for his edior, we wouldnt be having this conversation because there wouldnt be any updated rosters, schedules, coaches, etc. I owned 2K5 on PS2 and purchased a brand new and factory sealed Xbox, a laptop, AR and 2K5 just so I could use Finn's editor. The only positive that I would give the PS2 version is that the controller is perfect but that's a minor complaint considering all the huge positives you get by using Finn's editor.

Finn's editor also supports the PS2 version of 2K5 but im not sure if the update that fixes the clipping penalty is available on PS2. Also, if you dont have the HDD for PS2, you'll only get photos of highlights instead of actual video highlights and trust me, there's a difference.

Overall, the Xbox is the best and easiest version of 2K5 in my opinion.

Hope this helps and welcome to the 2K5 forums.
Dan,

Thanks for all the great info. Is there anywhere that you can show me that gives instructions on how to download the rosters using the Action Replay?

Also, where can I pick that up from?

Thanks in advance.