Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #13
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NOOB QUESTION ABOUT ROSTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Dan,

Thanks for all the great info. Is there anywhere that you can show me that gives instructions on how to download the rosters using the Action Replay?

Also, where can I pick that up from?

Thanks in advance.
You can buy the Action Replay off ebay or the codejunkies website. Make sure that it includes the disc, 8MB memory card and attachment cord. I suggest buying it new. The disc will allow you to install the AR program.

Rosters are easy to download. Go to the rosters section here and the ones that have a paper clip to the right of the topic subject contains files. Sometimes, other files will be in the topic like wordpad documents or excel documents but the majority of them are .zip files which are the ones you need for Xbox.

Click on one of them and it will ask you if you want to open or save the file. Save the file and when it finishes downloading, it will appear where you saved it. I suggest saving it on the desktop as it makes the process a lot quicker and easier.

For transferring files from your PC to the AR -

First, connect the memory card to the cord attachment and then to the USB port on your computer.

Second, open up the AR program via the icon located on your desktop.

Third, you simply "drag" the roster file into the column on the left that says "memory card". After it's done saving onto the memory card, you close the program.

Fourth, you remove the AR from the USB port.

Fifth, you remove the memory card from the attachment cord.

Sixth, you put the memory card into your Xbox controller, load up the file in-game and you're good to play.

---

For transferring files from your AR to your PC -

First, make sure that the file you want to transfer is saved on the AR memory card.

Second, connect the memory card to the cord attachment and then to the USB port on your computer.

Third, open up the AR program via the icon located on your desktop.

Fourth, click on the "+" sign that's located on the left column that says memory card. It will show the files you have saved on the memory card. Hold the cursor over the file that you want to put on your PC and drag it to the middle column that says "PC database". It will transfer the file. When done, close the program.

Fifth, go to your program files folder and find the one that says "Datel". Open it and then click on the folder that says "Action Replay Xbox". Next, click on the folder that says "Saves". Copy the file you want and paste it on your desktop.

You will only need to transfer files from your AR to your PC if you plan on using Finn's editor for whatever reason (change a player's position, edit a head coach, etc.). Otherwise, only transferring files from your PC to your Xbox is all you need to know now but I do suggest downloading Finn's editor and any roster file and just mess around with it so you can see what can be done in his editor.

Finn's editor -

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm (kick *** editor)

dophin26's website with roster and franchise files -

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com (kick *** site for 2K5)

Hope all of this helps you out bud. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.