Old 11-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Bucksfan7
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How exactly does progression work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I'm noticing that guys buried on the depth chart are the one progressing the most after the season. My star players will go up a few points, but then a 4th string defensive player will go up 8 points. Are younger guys more prone to progress on the bench because that's what I'm seeing. I had even had a freshman RB who got some PT and progressed less than a guy I red-shirted. I know things can happen will guys suddenly getting better but it's a trend I'm seeing after several dynasty's.
I think players who RS progress better over the long haul, cause they have the possible extra year. But this was always the way EA had players progress, atleast from what i can remember. I had a sticky situation in my OD. I recruited a 4* ATH who i put at CB, he has 93 speed which my team lacks especially my DBs. I had to decide RS him and he'll be better overall as a player in a couple seasons or not RS and it helps my team now. I ultimately did not RS him and he's #2 on my depth chart at CB.

Maybe its to keep guys from padding stats? But it can be annoying when i have a breakout year with a player stats wise and he doesnt progress as much as he probably should. I honestly dont know how it works or the logic behind it.