Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #14
doctorhay53
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It affects recruiting in 2 ways.

Recruits don't look at what strategy you have set as much as they look at STATS. If you are set to Option and throw the ball all day, you're going to have players that aren't suited for the option. In theory, if you play according to the strategy you set in Team Management, your stats will reflect it and attract recruits. I can't say off the top of my head which stats affect each position, but it is pretty much as you would expect... lots of rushing yards for running backs etc. I'm pretty sure that QB rushing yards will help get mobile QBs interested as well.

All the different strategies have different requirements for number of players at each position. This will effect the playing time pitch. So if you run a spread, recievers will get a bonus in recruiting as there will be more playing time offered.
I expected this.....which is why 'PANCKAES' are such a useless, hopelessly negative stat. The number of pancakes should not have anything to do with what OL are interested in my team, it should be my other offensive stats. Do you know what it's based off of? Because I suspect its pancakes.