Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
nyr30
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 09: How to Become a Better EASHL Teammate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
True. Our team recently decided to go with two forwards and two d-men when we only have four players. Playing D with an AI partner has got to be the most frustrating thing on the planet (how's that for hyperbole?). It's amazing how great the game can play when you have 5 or 6 guys who know what they're doing -- and when you're not playing a bunch of [synonym for donkeys]. Of course we can only control one side of that...

Another thing i noticed in my play was when i play Defense against the CPU i dont press R1 to tell the CPU to shoot but when i play forward it feels like i am constantly pressing it because the AI just takes far too long to take advantage of the opportunities you make. They just seem to delay long enough to let the goalie get back in position.

For me i actually really like playing Defense and enjoy running the Powerplay from the blueline so its not a big deal but next year along with actually being drafted i'd like to see a more decisive AI.

BAP is a good building block though even though what i really want is total control over my dynasty, all 30 teams so i can eliminate the CPU signing all the crappy free agents and the attrocious trades we see. they have neglected the dynasty for too long and with BAP up and running they should have enough time to make the improvements to BAP and dynasty.