View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #63
TJdaSportsGuy
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Just played through 2 demo games, one with the Heels vs. the Spartans and one UT vs. UK. I love how the classic teams had the short shorts, lol. Nice touch.

One thing that I hope is just a result of this being a demo and not the full version is that they have a barely used fight song for UNC rather than the familiar "Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred" one (Hark the Sound for those who know it). They didn't have Rocky Top Tennessee for the Vols either. They had some other song that I don't remember hearing before.

The player models don't look as polished as they do for Live 09, likely because you have 10 generic players out on the court without actual human face models.

Now for what I like:

It is a WAY more polished version of the Live 09 engine. If you like Live 09, you'll love this, assuming you're a college basketball fan. The shooting percentages on the All-American setting were just fine. For one half with the 82 Heels, I shot 44% and allowed 49%. In the UT/UK game (I was UT), I shot a little higher mostly because I was forcing a lot of turnovers and getting easy buckets.

The AI will dish out to an open man on a double team like nobody's business...and when they get the ball, they don't just stand their with their thumbs up their ***, they actually shoot the ball. What a concept, huh?

Overall, this is a first day buy for me and I can see me spending more time with it than Live 09, simply because I'm more of a college basketball fan.