View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #35
JAYMO76
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
As great as it sounds from a customer perspective, that statement is absolutely wrong.

Since features aren't copy and paste, they require effort from development teams.

I'm still failing to see how a game with faulty AI and logic will be better because we have 50 more teams that can't play football with some intelligence.

And I know you'll say that we should expect and get both and have the best of both worlds, but that is so far from reality that it's like wishing on a star. We all wish that we could get it all in 2010... it's just not going to happen.
Okay, I see your point about the A.I. and conceed that there are still significant gameplay issues to be worked out. I personally go insane over the issue of no pass rush and I also struggle with faulty logic on 3rd and 4th downs. However, let's be clear, even on last gen there were serious A.I. issues. Regardless of the platform it will never be perfect. Overall I find the 09 version to be the best on next gen and far superior to the 08 version so we are heading in the right direction. Therefore, the big "improvements" to 2010 should not be graphics or gameplay but rather all of the other missing intangibles such as FCS and CAS (not to mention atmosphere, presentation, ESPN integration, etc.). Having these "EXTRAS" help me to overlook some of the minor flaws in gameplay.

I disagree with your premise about it not being possible to transfer last gen logic to a next gen engine. On this website we have had EA people tell us that Madden and NCAA FOOTBALL on next gen are supposed to be different as the goal was not simply to recreate last gen. THE SAD THING IS THAT THE LAST GEN FEATURES SUCH AS FCS AND CAS ARE EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE WANT!!!! That is what people on this forum find so frustrating.

With exclusivity deals and therefore no competition the only way EA hears our thoughts, issues, and concerns is through websites such as this. EA has to be held to a higher standard. Back when 2k was in the football gaming industry we had some of the best EA and 2K football games ever! We as consumers need to raise the bar and expectations to fill the gap left because of exclusivity and simply saying "well fix gameplay only" just doesn't cut it. Fix gameplay issues and bring back features... all at the same time... aka NCAA FOOTBALL 2010.

But I digress, the original topic is FCS versus CAS. So once again I put in my vote for FCS (but also was CAS) for NCAA 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove