Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
You should be able to break out of the drop but it should be done realistically. Remove the throwing off his back foot while spinning animation and put in several animations that look realistic. At least thats my suggestion for that.
I like that animation. Just make the throw go somewhere random though.

To the topic: if that new dropback was the standard dropback in Madden, I'd be happy. The way the ball is held by the quarterback in Madden 09 (and all next-gen Maddens, really) is kinda funny.

On the topic of breaking out of the dropback: it should be allowed, but I also think that there needs to be an advantage to using the dropback normally. To bring up an all-too-tired but yet good example, using the predefined pass dropbacks in NFL2K5 and APF2K8, in combination with the routes ran by the receivers in each play, gave the passing game a real sense of rhythm. I don't often get that same sense from Madden (though admittedly there have been a few occasions where I've had that sense occurred in 09, it needs to be more frequent)

Unrelated: I do agree with those above that eventually you all should implement more signature animations, be it dropbacks, tackle-breaking animations, pre-snap routines, etc. etc. if at all possible.