View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Probably one of the few times I'll disagree with you. I don't want anyone slipping and falling because they turn & run. A realistic plant and turn will do for me.

I would like to see folks able to drop back manually and the QB stay in drop back animation through the planned drop back steps(3, 5 & 7 steps assuming this is in). Any stick movement after that should trigger suttle pocket movements(stepping up, drifting back, shuffling to either side). If the user wants to "run", force him to hold a trigger or bumper(I believe this is/was in the game). While running, the QB's accuracy should be diminished like in real life.

The key though is detaching the blockers from the QB/ball carrier. The reason users can drop back 20 yards & break the "pocket" successfully is because their blockers or psychics. Let users drop back all they want, but it should destroy the OT's angle and give DEs a b-line to the QB. Let users roll out all they want, but again, it should destroy the OT's angle and give the DE a free shot on the QB. But I guess you'd have to get rid of the sticky, suction blocking 1st.
Dropping back manually I don't have an issue, I'm talking about hike and then holding sprint as soon as you hike. This should not be allowed to happen. Plant and turn animation would perhaps solve it. But then there is the issue of shotgun which changes things a little bit.