adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ian

That looked "stiff" his shoulders did not move at all and like LB says its different so that particular animation for say J. Russell would just look wrong. But thanks for doing this now and not when its 2 weeks before game is released. Also just a random thought cant you guys just go to a practice and put all the motion cap equipment on the Qb and do it right on the field with current qbs? Say your in Florida go to a Dolphin, JAGs, or Bucs practice grab one of the Qbs hook him up to equipment and do some drop back and heck while your at it have them throw a couple of passes. Again dont know how feasible this is?

Also Ian why use "stunt men" Take the money you pay them and give it to real local NFL players to come in and do the motion cap. For example I remember a while back dont know which 2k is was 2k2 2k3 or 2k4 but Tyrone Wheatley when he first sign with the Raiders he came into the Electronics store I worked at (really cool guy by the way) we got talking about Madden ironically enough and he told me he was at VC studio the day before doing mo-cap for running animations and he told me he loved it and would have done it for free. Again just wondering but why cant EA do this and not with "former" division 3 players but bring in AP, LT or anyone else to do the Mo-caps.
Ian has addressed this in the past... real pros half-*** the sessions.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove