View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
Art01
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Questions About NCAA08 Football for Original XBOX

I have observed the poor pursuit angles and the high number of interceptions. I have not found a direct cure for either issue. However, I may have found a way to effectively neutralize these issues by minimizing the number of opportunities for them to arise.

I am still experimenting with Heisman and I am having success creating low scoring games with few long outside runs or kick returns and a low number of interceptions. I will publish my sliders tomorrow when I turn the game on again. I am finding that in my mode of play, Momentum swings are more realistic and have less total impact on the game. My overall strategy is to force the CPU to play against me in a more realistic manner and I believe I am having a reasonable amount of success.

Please keep in mind that I am playing Coach Mode, so I do not control any players on the field, with the exception of my Punt Returner, who never calls a Fair Catch on his own, so I must occasionally do so to prevent fumbles. Of course, it's not true CM because I must also snap the ball and control kicks.

I am enjoying 08 for original XBOX at this time. I play as Alabama and I have made a few changes to player ratings to reinforce the running game. I play against top teams, use 8 minute quarters, and I usually play AWAY, either in their stadium with Home Field Advantage On, or on a neutral field with Home Field Advantage Off. I have played five games in a row with the total score less than 40 points and all games decided deep in the 4th quarter, with the final score being less than a TD delta.

Art