Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #81
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I think your larger point is probably the best focus for the team: players need to take actual steps that correlate to their height, weight, speed, and THE GROUND! If that's done, then the game can implement an auto-drop and players can manipulate that manually if they want, but their movements will be subject to the above factors. That would be a huge accomplishment.

And it needs to happen for backs as well as QBs. I remember those ridiculous videos of Adrian Peterson doing a half spin to the right then a spin to the left before his plant foot actually hit the ground, and of course, at full speed with no loss of speed. That just can't happen, at least not without a torsional fracture of the tibia and fibula.
!!!

I could do nothing but shake my head watching those Peterson vids.

I think every player on the field should have to adhere to the laws of physics. IMO, this is the most detrimental aspect of the game. Fixing this would fix many problems. The drop back issue is just one example. I believe half of the band-aids EA uses are because of the lack of physics.

Think of what they could do with WR route/quickness ratings for example. Instead of boosting speed ratings of good, but slower WRs, they could give him accurate route running & quickness ratings. Instead of cutting the speed of fast but not so good WRs, they could give him accurate ratings. This would all effect how many prep steps a WR needed to get into a break & how quickly he got out of it. Same for DBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove