View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #84
Guillotine 1
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Look, I need to say a few things about this thread, the topic, and the upcoming release of Madden.

1. QB's drop back a million different ways. Coaches coach/instruct this technique a million different ways. The key thing about the dropback is to keep the ball in a throwable state. So all the ball movement is a huge no no! Without being critical I'd say the guy did a decent job.

But, it doesn't matter anyway. When the defense gets pressure the QBs who try to be all perfect with the drop steps, and perfect with the throw mechanic, and perfect with the footwork....get owned, benched, and cut. Let's not over coach virtual QBs....geez.

2. We need different styles/types of players at every position. C'mon man...short, tall, fat, skinny, quick, slow, fast,
long striding, etc...etc...wheres the variety? I've been saying this for years.

3. It really concerns me when we have to give EA Sports this kind of feedback, its so obvious that I know they know this stuff. Ian, Phil, & the rest of those people they have working on this title are all intelligent and versed individuals who are more than able to deduce these things. I feel like I'm actually being played when they ask us this kind of stuff.

They have a ton of resources, and direct access to NFL players. They dont need me to tell them anything about how to make a great video game, they've been a leader in the gaming industry for decades. So its time to put up or shut up. No more excuses. No more "we didnt have time", or "our development cycle won't allow us to write all that new code", or any of that BS that I've been hearing. F**K DAT! Make the darn game do wat it do...

No excuses damnit.