Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #86
chris luva luva
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
!!!

I could do nothing but shake my head watching those Peterson vids.

I think every player on the field should have to adhere to the laws of physics. IMO, this is the most detrimental aspect of the game. Fixing this would fix many problems. The drop back issue is just one example. I believe half of the band-aids EA uses are because of the lack of physics.

Think of what they could do with WR route/quickness ratings for example. Instead of boosting speed ratings of good, but slower WRs, they could give him accurate route running & quickness ratings. Instead of cutting the speed of fast but not so good WRs, they could give him accurate ratings. This would all effect how many prep steps a WR needed to get into a break & how quickly he got out of it. Same for DBs.
Yep, I agree 100%. There's no way they can implement this... Let me change that. They're going to get this stuff in, but its going to be more of the same BS they already have. It's going to be unrealistic and won't function the way it should. Why? Because they refuse to change the game from the ground up.

The same way they can't/won't change the defensive play calling to tiered selection because it'll take too much, it'll be the same reasoning for this.