View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #105
Guillotine 1
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Read the message again...your feedback is welcome. All feedback is welcome. What isn't cool is people slamming me for actually asking for feedback. It is mind boggling to me that someone would actually say "stop asking us for feedback!" - you probably shouldn't be on these forums if that is your mindset. Why else would I be here?

As to your direct question, you saw through me - no I didn't want that animation in the game. If I wanted it in the game directly, I would have posted "Check out the new dropback animation". Instead I just wanted to see how you guys would react to something like this. I want people to pick it apart...provide suggestions (which tons of people did). That level of interaction is awesome. Guys saying things like "his arms are moving too much", or "it looks ok for shorter players, but get different ones for other guys". I love that stuff. Your feedback (Bezo) has actually been really good.

This is all our game. It's not my game, and I get paid. I see myself as a servant to you all - I want to deliver what you want. Why not consider it our game? You want your feedback to be implemented right? So then it's as much yours as it is mine as it is EA's.

Look Ian, you know I have a great deal of respect for what you and the team does. I have been carrying the torch for community involvment for the sake of working together on common ground for a while now. And to be frank...I do agree that the best way to have an impact on the outcome is to share ideas.

Thats why I built a Madden website with structured ideas, submitted a proposal for commentary, created a message board and a blog, and have tried to give you guys sound feedback when asked.

But, what you are hearing for me right now is my pinned up frustrations..and if you just take a minute to hear me out you'll see what I'm saying makes a lot of sense. Now, I understand that these things will not be done overnight...but Ian they were not all broken overnight either...

1. certainly if we dont offer anything helpful or constructive it won't be of much use, and will likely turn a potentially good thread into a venting session. That is not my goal.

2. All I am saying is, fix it. I'm here to help, whatever I have to do in order to fix it...thats what I'm willing to do.

...but this game is sorely lacking the core fundemental elements of football that make the sport so great. In fact, I'll create another website that is just about football & various aspects of the game that offers ideas and suggestions. I'm doing everything I can as a fan...so when I'm critical it only speaks to how upsetting its been over the last several years to see football gaming suffer so badly.

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 11-14-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove