View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #137
Ram209
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't think that the guys at EA are asking for us to build the animation because they can't do it themselves or look out there and find visual evidence. I think they are doing this so that we have some input, we can provide our suggestions, we can feel like we're part of the development of Madden 2010. And its also not blowing smoke up our butts either I don't think. We wanted to be involved, so they are involving us, even if right now its for something "basic".

What I still don't understand honestly, is we say that we're excited for the opportunity to interact with the developers, that we want our input/opinions heard, but then we criticize when they ask for it or say, well this is worth asking community feedback for, its simple. Like I said, people complained about how the QB dropped back and offered suggestions. Ian, posted this video to show a drop back and wanted those who weren't satisfied to provide feedback. I don't see whats wrong with that. I mean, if they feel that we think its "beneath" us to provide feedback on this one aspect, what else are they going to feel that its "beneath" us to provide feedback on?

the part I bolded.... you say this but then criticize when they ask for community input on how to better it. I don't understand that. I mean, instead of criticizing them for what they are asking for, why not try and offer your advice? I mean, we all want the best Madden game we can get, right?
Country I respect the heck out of you, and Spank you are on my fav 5 it still amazes
me how I agree with 100% of what you say. I think what Spank is saying is "a QB drop is one of the most basic football things, why are they asking us if this looks ok. They should know this if they have a problem with figuring out how a QB drop is supposed to look then maybe that explains why we have gotten the game we have." CB it would be like me and you as Raider fans G.Knapp coming to us or any other Raider fans and saying "Hey we are thinking about running this pass play you guys think it would work." Spank is basically saying guys its a QB drop for the love of god you should know how a QB drop looks. He and I are in the same boat we just think that the simple stuff should not be made into a big deal, just do it and mention it in passing. And make threads about the "more complex" things.
Hope all this made sense! And Spank sorry for speaking for you buddy and correct me if I am wrong