View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
MBMavs20
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is There ANY Differences In Team Rush Defenses??

Great thread guys.

Makes me want to fire up Madden again and do some simming. In previous Madden's, I used to re-rate all the players because I always thought EA overrated most of the players. Second, do some simming and see if ratings have an effect on rush defense. Maybe adjust DT's strength and Awareness ratings, since weight doesn't make a difference. (not sure if new gen addressed this, I know it didn't matter on the PS2)

If they could, like you said, give each defense their own "likeness" or "character", that would be great. Or, give each team their own system of play, so if you sign or draft a player who doesn't fit in your system, their play will suffer.

Look at the Colts for example. Their run defense is so much better with Bob Sanders in the lineup than without him. Or the Patriots offense isn't as explosive or high scoring without Tom Brady. Or the Chargeres secondary is really being exposed big time without the pass rush of Shawne Merriman. Little things like that would be great.

Has anyone noticed if injuries to key players affects the team play in the game?