View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #42
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

You know, I would love to see the challenge system expanded. I love 2Ks system, but I'd expand on that. It would be awesome to go into the challenge system and not only choose the specific challange you want to make, but also have your staff (who generally let the HC know what his chances are anyway) give a percentage. So for example, you want to challenge a ball spot and you see you have a 63% chance of winning based on your own booth's judgement. It could take into account your coaching staff's skill (maybe a specific rating, or tie it to another rating, like knowledge) in the decision.

I would also like to see variable refs (tendencies to overturn/uphold more plays, call more/less penalties, etc) which could also be calculated into this decision. Lastly, while the announcers are discussing their take on the particular challenge, they could mention whether or not the particular crew is more or less likely to overturn a play and what your HC's percentage is when it comes to winning challenges (coupled with a nice stat overlay, of course). To extend the presentation of this even further, maybe during the halftime or post-game shows (HINT HINT IAN) the guys could discuss how the outcome of the challenge (and refs calls in gneral) has effected the game (if at all). Maybe it was a bad call that screwed you, or a great decision to overturn a potentially backbreaking call.

Anyway, I know that's terribly detailed, but THAT's what I'd love in terms presentation.