Thread: ***TOMBA 2K9***
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Tomba
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ***TOMBA 2K9***(2Kshare Link coming soon...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Also; with this setting I am pretty sure that you aren't getting correct turnover numbers

Because for one, I haven't noticed any of the roster makes implement turnover numbers (player's average) into handles and/or hands rating. I feel as though turnover numbers NEED to be averaged into these ratings at least for in game play. I have discovered that hands/handles rating don't matter in producing turnovers in simmed games (which needs to be fixed)

Hands at 0 produces good numbers though. But my hands/handles system is VERY low so that might be seeing some good turnover numbers.

Also can you go into the speed system a little more. Can you give out some random player speed/quicks/ect.........from each position. I am interested in your speed system

Ball handling is turned up to 100 because the defense and stealing successes are turned up by 100. It cancels out the weird "no animation of a dribble" as well where plays glide and stop...

I am getting correct turnovers because of the OTHER sliders in play. lessen one/sharpen another type of rule. again I have to state that each slider does not automatically do things in this game. Just because I have dribbling at 100 does not mean that EVERYONE has a boost in that. As well as the iso motion moves making the "dribble" look less or more NOT the dribbling rating OR the ball handling slider. and I should maybe eloborate here more but n general my rule is that the dribbling animations in 2k9 determine what the overall dribbling IS in 2k9. NOT the ball handling boost OR the dribbling attribute.

EX: if i set the dribbling attribute of a player to 99 say and give that player BIGMAN 1(LOL) he's STILL gonna dribble like a BIGMAN and he's still gonna dribble at the speed of his top speed9which would determine his "go-around moves"...

you mention speed things per player position? OK cool...

Point guards will generally have a top speed of only this (81,86,96 and the Chris Paul inspired 99)
Shooting guards will have(76,81,86,and 91 AT a push)
Power forwards have (71,76,81 with 86 reserved for some...)
Small forwards can have(76,81,86)
Centers have(61,66,71,76 at a push)

and they are always those number by one and by an increment of 5. Thats what i've tested that works.

this along with the slider settings makes every player on the court move like they do in real life. And I'm not talking RATING wise I'm talking game engine tweak so that it LOOKS right.