View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
cubsfan203
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)

Ospreys Escape With a Win Against Terps
”North Florida’s pulls off what could be the upset of the year."
Sunday November 11th, 2007

Code:
                 1st 2nd   Total
North Florida     39  32     71
#21 Maryland      33  32     65
Going into the game Maryland didn’t expect any troubles. They were supposed to win this game easily and move on in the tournament. Unfortunately for them, poor play and foul trouble allowed the Ospreys to take a lead into halftime. Maryland didn’t bounce back until it was too late. They cut the lead down to 3 with just under 2:00 left to play, but Tom Hammonds answered with a huge 3-pointer the following possession to seal the deal.

“I can think of maybe 12 people that thought we would win that game, and they were all sitting on the bench beside me. You guys can bash me all you want. Call me inexperienced, say it was beginner’s luck, and predict that this team won’t win 5 games again this year. As long as I have my team believing that we can win we can beat anybody on any day. I didn’t come here intending to rebuild this team, I came here intending on making a winning team right away. Both the players and the people I’m recruiting are believing in my system, and I will tell you now that the North Florida Ospreys will be a team to watch out for as a top contender in this conference within the next 3 years,” Coach Matthews said as he gave a passionate opening statement .

North Florida Ospreys Player Stats
Tom Hammonds – 21 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 8-11 FG (3-4 3PT)
Justin Cecil – 10 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
James Grimball – 12 pts, 10 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk
Chris Timberlake – 5 pts, 4 reb, 7 ast

Maryland Terrapins Player Stats
Greivis Vasquez – 2 pts, 1 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 2 to
James Gist – 12 pts, 2 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl
Bambale Osby – 21 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast

Record: 1-0
Up Next: Championship game vs. Tulsa

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho