View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
jadert
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What is considered SIM basketball???

Again, its purely subjective. Everyone has an opinion about what is considered "real" and what isn't.

I know people that think constant pick and rolls are cheesing. I don't agree with that, but they will swear up and down that its an exploit of the game.

I played in Sim Leagues and regular matches online and it still gets iffy. In one sim league, I had Minnesota, but I was scared to keep giving it to Al Jefferon (definitely a beast in the game) because I didn't want to get negative feedback. So I just tried space the ball around and take the open shot..Only thing though, Minnesota isn't a great shooting (or rebounding) team. So for the league that was good, but for me it wasn't realistic.

I played a quick match game against (you guessed it) the Lakers. This guy just wanted to shoot with Kobe for the entire game. Guess what? I didn't mind because I knew where the ball was going and I learned the angles that he takes to get to the basket. I beat him by 24 with the Nuggets and he quit with 3 min. left. That's real to me, because in real life, if the Lakers would have played as reckless as he did, then they would've got blown out for not using all of those wonderful weapons that have!