View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #33
BDawg35
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

I rented Madden '09 and played a few games back when it was released. I was very encouraged by the gameplay. Granted, it was just a few games, but it seemed pretty tight.

The reason I didn't plunk down $60 and buy the game was that franchise mode is so horrible by all accounts. The CPU cutting guys like Peyton Manning, good players rotting in the free agent pool ... I can't remember all the details, I just know there were enough of them that I've taken a pass, as have some other next-gen owners I know. Some next-gen guys I know have bought the PS2 version because the franchise mode is better, closer to what we expected in last-gen.

If franchise mode has so many issues in 2010, I won't be getting Madden then either. I'm not an online Madden player, so the tightest gameplay in the world won't win me over if franchise mode is messed up.

Minor point, but it'd be nice to have a Super Bowl celebration that rewards you for winning one. I saw video of the Super Bowl celebration and it seemed like the players were worshipping the scoreboard. What's up with the scoreboard obsession in next-gen?

Last edited by BDawg35; 11-29-2008 at 12:57 PM.