View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #84
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
Well when comparing the 2 FOOTBALL games, since this is a FOOTBALL board, as of now, 2K5's Gameplay and A.I is better than Madden. The animations are much more smooth and realistic, the presentation is way better, The A.I, well is a no brainer, the players are just much more smarter in 2K5 and play much better defense. Madden has those pretty graphics. (Next-Gen does anyway, Madden on PS2 and XBOX still cant touch 2K5.)

Those are facts, not opinions.
lol...here we go again...

I actually think you're at least partially wrong on the AI and gameplay. There are aspects of 2K5's AI and game play that are far superior from a technical standpoint. There are some that are very bad...DB's, dropped passes, pursuit, etc. The game was far from perfect. What I will agree on, is that it's easier to get a variety of desired results with sliders than Madden (Even more so now thanks to Finn's editor, of course). IMO, 2K5 is better than Madden in many ways BUT...

It's my opinion. Aside from some technical things (which both Madden 05 and 2K5 had pros and cons...though 2K seemed to have more pros, I agree) you can't definitely say which one was better for gameplay on a general level. It IS an opinion as far as whether or not you enjoyed it. As far as I saw, the guy just said he preferred Madden 05's gameplay. He's not wrong...it's his preference. I don't think gameplay and AI were definitely better in 2K5 than Madden accross the board.

Also, for reference:

"Presentation is much deeper" =fact.
"Presentation is way better"= opinion.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled brand war

While overall I agree with your opinion, I just don't understand what you're trying to prove? People will likely never agree 100% on which game is better.

...and I hope you realize I'm not saying this to be an a$$. I just don't understand, is all