View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #85
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Call me old, but for me, I think the best Madden's ever were in the late 80's and throughout the 90's. You were always waiting each season for that new wrinkle and EA always delivered. I can remember going from the IBM and C64 Madden to the Genesis and then to 3DO (the 3DO version is a lost gem). Gameday kicked that butt good for a few seasons on PS1, but they eventually got their legs back and came strong with 97 and 98 (with, yes, PRESENTATION being the big selling point) and I even enjoyed 99. Don't even get me started on Madden 64... I played that game to death!

But after NFL 2K dropped in 99, I just never looked at Madden the same anymore, because I started to see that Madden wasn't growing with me and unfortunately you sometimes don't even realize things like that until you have something new show you. Even then I could see EA was going in the wrong direction with some things and I started drifting away from Madden.

You look at Madden 98 and you see fantastic presentation, even better than what we have today in a lot of spots in Madden. It's almost as if EA went from trying everything they could to present this game like a real TV broadcast, to doing everything they could to get away from it. You just wonder who the heck thought it was the right idea?

Sure, some Madden's last gen had some at least respectable presentation elements, but think about how much more it could've been even then had they focused on it more seriously.

The point I'm making is that this going away from a strong broadcast focus happened many years ago. They have some guys in charge now who say they understand that and want to fix it, and I believe them. Now we just gotta see it happen Aug 11th, 2009.
Advertisements - Register to remove