View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
Jgainsey
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Haha! Great article man. It's even more funny because I've used almost all of those strategies the last couple of years. My wii has never seen as much play time as it did last Thanksgiving. So much so that my girlfriends parents and grandparents both ended up buying one before the end of the year.

I thought this year was going to be trickier. Neither of us had family coming over so my girlfriend invited a bunch of her girlfriends that weren't doing anything for Thanksgiving. It's no easy task getting a bunch girls in their early 20's to play video games. Besides, they already have their own boyfriends that spend too much time playing whatever system they have.

Though right before dinner started my girlfriend pulled me aside and told me her 16 year old little brother was coming too, and she wanted to know if I could spend some time with him. The wheels began to turn...

A few hours later her little bro shows up with his own 360, COD: WaW, and NCAA 09. System linked Thanksgiving gaming bliss ensued. We played for a few hours, pigged out on turkey, played for a few more hours, pigged out on pie, and then wrapped up the day with a Buzz TV tournament that everyone got in on. All in all, I don't think things could have gone any better for me.