View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #47
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

Phil one thing I would change about the PS2/xbox Editor on defense is I would have the blitzes go into specific gaps. One thing that linebackers and linemen do not do to well in Madden/NCAA is loop and turn on blitzes. For instance if I have DeMarcus Ware lined up outside the Offensive tackle, I want the end next to him to charge straight. I want the NT to influence the Center and charge away from Ware. On the snap I want Ware to take on step forward to influence the tackle, then loop off of the hip of the DE into the A gap.

How would you stop that? This is where the Oline protection call and some animations come into play. You'd have to slide the protection to Ware. The Guard would pick up the DE, but then PASS him to the offensive tackle and then catch Ware's outside shoulder as he is looping inside. From their ratings determine if the Guard can hold the block or Ware breaks the block easily and continues to the QB.

Another thing I would also change about the older one is, I'd like to give certain players auto-motion