Thread: Game Changers
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
somewhatdamaged2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Game Changers

What game changers have you guys had?

I have only had 3 that i can remember in all the seasons i've played (~20)... none of which were really all that cool. My first one was informing me that my FB who i had signed that year as a FA was going to retire at the end of the season even though he was only 28 years old. Not a problem for me because the guy had an overall ranking of 74. Then i had one that said a member of my coaching staff went to a seminar that helped him "dramatically". At first when looking at staff development to see who got the extra points and how much, i could determine who got them... then i realized it was my DC and he only got an extra 3000 points... it wasn't even enough to purchase a skill then and there. My last game changer came the other night when it said one of my players had a breakthough in practice, effectively raising his overall potential!!! I was thinkning "sweet", but then i couldn't even tell who it was or how much so it couldn't have been more than 2 extra points or it would have stand out... i was bummed at the let down.

I don't know if it is true or not, but back when this board first started i guy claimed that he had a game changer informing him that Lance Briggs was retiring at the end of his season after he had just signed him to a huge contract and he was only 26. I sorta believe him because i had the same retirement senario but not to that magnitude.

What have you guys gotten?
Advertisements - Register to remove