View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #19
Phil_Frazier
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26
Re: To Phil: Message For EA Higher Ups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
This explains alot to me about why the game is built more for online and has so many marketing "gimmicks" listed on the box such as the "85 new features"....I wish the CORE teams focus was on gameplay and realism.
The reason for the separate gameplay team is because much of the code for gameplay is shared with NCAA. We do this because the sport is just about identical. the fact that we have a separate team has no impact on the gimmick angle. They literally sit right next to our team. Just half of them work on NCAA, half on Madden. By splitting these guys out into a separate group, it guarantees that they focus only on gameplay and realism.

If you feel like a previous feature was a gimmick, this had nothing to do with the layout of our team. It had everything to do with decisions made by either the lead designer of that product or the project lead. It's really that simple.

When we start talking about features for 10, if there's a feature you don't like, you will be in contact with the folks that made the call to include it (myself or Ian, mostly Ian as our lead designer).

Phil