View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
ofdman
Rookie

OVR: 7
I'm a little older at 44 and I too grew up with gaming being a huge part of my life. I remember, back in the 70's, getting a PONG console and being extremely excited about it. Then A Magnavox Odyssey and from then on just about every console ever made (seriously).

I have been there for the ENTIRE evolution of video games. I saw it all and had it all. Some of the most special memories of my life involve gaming in some way or another.

One of the more memorable was going to an import shop (which was a good 2 hour drive) just to see the new generation of gaming back in early 95. This shop had the brand new Sega Saturn and the new comer Playstation which were both Japanese models since they hadn't been released here in the U.S. yet and I FREAKED! I actually, on the spot, bought the Japanese PS along with the only 2 games they had Toshinden and Ridge Racer and went home more excited than I had ever been in my entire 31 years on this earth LOL!

I had SOOOOOOO many new friends after that! Word spread fast at the local Funcoland that one of the employees friends ( My friend who worked at Funco was at my place almost every single day for weeks after I bought it) had just bought a Japanese Playstation and all of the sudden, my apartment had all KINDS of people hanging out waiting for a chance to play one of the games.

Those were the days. The glory days of video gaming.