View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
DanSF49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Team Sliders - WEEK 16 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
You CAN change them in Franchise mode. I did it last night.

The only part that concerns me about the sliders, and maybe Dan can explain this, is the fact that if I set the sliders based on who I'm playing, it makes sense for the offensive sliders, but not the defensive sliders.

If I'm Baltimore (allowing 78 ypg rushing) and I'm playing Seattle, for rush defense, it seems that my reaction time should be a lot higher than 10, block shedding higher than 6, and tackling higher than 2.

The offensive slider settings seem to be based on the defensive stats of the team you are playing. Makes sense. However, shouldn't the defensive sliders be based on the team I'm using?

Thanks fellas. Merry XMAS!
The only way to make this work this year since we only have 1 set of sliders, is to do it the way I have it now. Defensive stats effect the Offensive sliders and Offensive stats effect the Defensive Sliders.

The Rush Defense sliders which are Reaction Time, Block Shedding and Tackling only have a slider range of 0-20. Because if we have these sliders over 20 then the CPU has no chance to run the ball, I've done alot of testing on what the slider ranges should be at for each slider. So the numbers might not look right but once you play with the sliders you will see the difference if you are the Ravens aganist the Seahawks versus playing aganist the Giants. The Giants will tear you up no matter whom you are playing with since they are set at 0-0-10. But Seattle at 10-6-2 will have some success.