View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
Skulletor
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Theoretical question here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xfaster
Doesn't make any sense, I know...I mean, I guess with all of the possible scenarios, it'd be pretty tough to program that kind of thing into the game, but maybe there's a better explanation?

it's not at all a difficult problem to solve (i have 9 years of software industry experience)
here's the algorithm

there are 6 to 9 automatic qualifiers (if a non-BCS team finished in top 12 or ahead of BCS champ its the 7th qualifier, if a non conference champ finishes in the top 4 its the 8th AQ, if ND is in the top 8 it is an AQ as well)

#1, #2 in BCS CG (2/10 spots filled)
Bind conference teams to their bowls (5-8/10 spots filled)

#1 Bowl picks, if there's eligible team with its conference affiliation and enough at large spots, take it . if not, take top 4 BCS team

#2 Bowl picks, if there's eligible team with its conference affiliation and enough at large spots, take it, if not take the highest BCS eligible team

6-10 out of 10 spots filled at this point

the remaining 1-4 spots are now chosen in the proper order, ensuring that a top 4 non conference champ is taken

thats it, if EA hired me i could probably fix all their DB/non gameplay bugs in a couple weeks

Last edited by Skulletor; 12-27-2008 at 04:16 PM.