View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #127
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
They already have the camera executing this, but it basically just tracks the offensive line while breaking out of the huddle. Utilize that camera motion, but use it for specific players, ie, the LB, DB, etc who just made a tackle, or the WR, RB, etc who caught the last pass or run or what have you.
Check this out, I know you'll appreciate this one...

I was playing Madden 07 on Sunday. I had the Falcons against the Vikings at MN (I have the game with updated rosters).

30 seconds left, tied game. The Vikes finish driving down on me (my created Adrian Peterson was killing me on the ground). They line up and kick a field goal from about 36 yards out. They make it and it goes into a big cutscene where the kicker jumps into the air with arms extended in the air, then jumps up into the arms of the holder and the holder is kind of carrying him around while a few other Vikings are going nuts!

...My jaw dropped.

I've been playing this game for quite a while and never seen that one before. THIS is the kinda stuff they should've kept building on for presentation. You don't just throw good work like that away and replace it with nothing.

Sidenote: even with 20-something seconds left, I used my created Matt Ryan (who seems to be fast as hell for some reason), completed a few big throws and then kicked the game-winning field goal. It felt especially good to crush the Vikings hopes after they'd just had their big victory cutscene for making the Field goal, lol.