Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #263
Bwnarrow3
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
1. I say start from scratch. Since VC is running things now, I say you just throw 2k6, 2k7, and 2k8 completely in the waste bin. Find a new engine, new commentary, new player models, the whole 10 yards

2. Find a tv license. Go with some kind of network, maybe fox (get the nation wide fox broadcast or the regional fsn broadcasts...) or maybe even the upcoming mlb network. We all know you have the money. Use nfl 2k5 as a reference for presentation, if an old gen game could do it, you could too.

3. I honestly don't find a career mode nesesary yet. You guys need to perfect gameplay and animations first. Then maybe work on the little features like career mode.

4. Maybe try making a baseball game for once. Have you ever thought of doing that? I swear I don't think any of the developers of the previous 2k showings have a) ever seen a baseball game or b) know what realism is.

5. The little things. I'm not talking about card trading or any of those wasteful features. I'm talking about in game. The little things that are in stadiums, in the weather, the player's actions. These little things are what really make a game authentic to me. Whether it is the field wearing down, the ivy in wrigley being dead in april and slowly turning green into summer, the simple actions the players do in reaction of a play, realistic emotional fans. Basically look to mvp 05 and what the show does with realism.

I have to deal with 2k, because I really don't feel like dishing out 460 bucks for a video game. I'm a die hard cubs fan, and neither game has provided me with an authentic wrigley field yet. Infact, the stadiums in general sucked in 2k's offerings. I could honestly create a more authentic stadium with zmod (mvp baseball 2005). I have been working on tropicana field for mvp baseball, and it really isn't that hard to make a stadium look like its real life counterpart. YOU just have to put in a little effort.

Last, make a pc version. So if your offering sucks, we (the modders) can fix it or make it feel like baseball.
I completely agree with everything you said, especially number 2 and 3. However, I am hoping it is not too late to shell these ideas out. I've always wanted them to establish a relationship with fox, hire some no-name announcers that actually have the time to record plenty of record thousands of commentary.

I've been very dissapointed with the 2K series for the past 3 years, particularly last years game. If this game can't top semi-decent, I won't be buying along with many other people.