Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #315
clarkerots
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
In madden 05 did the NFL teams play like their real NFL counterparts? If I remember correct Madden plays a decent game of football(I rate a 6), but it never actually emulated the real NFL teams.
No they didn't, until the Manefesto came out. A dedicated group of gamers picked apart the 05 programming and found 2 or 3 steps that were not coded into the game. By creating a way to alter the game, thereby simulating the missing steps, the teams began to have a personality close to their NFL counterparts. Funny thing is......the first step was to control all 32 teams. That in itself was frowned upon and a lot of gamers still frown upon it. Personally, ever since that step I've chosen to control all 32 teams regardless of need. Its exciting to me to draft and choose FA's for all the teams knowing that I'm actually targeting a true "need". The other cool thing about controlling all the teams in 05 was that you target a needed player and then have all the teams "in the running" bid the same bid, leaving the player to decide which team he wanted to go to. Eventually I added a house rule and said that the last three teams from the prior year could bid a higher amount for the FA. This still didn't guarantee them the FA, while giving the "bottom feeders" a good possibility to pick up a key FA or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove