Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #60
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The Show implements this feature very well. I view it as a situational tool and mostly use it for bunting, trying to move runners over and sac flys. Sometimes you do not get the desired result because one of the 3 factors I mentioned do not line up.

It is funny, because most people who use it in the Show do not think it works because they are expecting to see their input show results 100% of the time and it was not designed to be that way.

We just have to wait and see what their interpretation of the tool is.
Exactly! Well put.

If the system is done right, then it's a very useful tool. It also can work against you as if you are always trying to influence flyballs, you will end up with a lot of flyout/popups. It's perfect for bunting (as you mentioned) and also for sac fly situations (you still need the right pitch though).

My only concern is that if 2K makes it too powerful an influence, we might have one more thing adding to the HR fest...lol.

We'll see how it goes. I'd love for it all to come together and produce at least a respectable and solid effort. I miss the days of bouncing between 2 or 3 solid baseball titles...each one giving me something I enjoy.