View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
gigemaggs99
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon10 Re: Does this game play like Madden??

Rent it and five it a shot.

I haven't play Madden as much as I've played NCAA, but I think NCAA is more realistic. You CAN run the ball. You can pass the ball and you CAN play defense.

From what I've heard, if you like playing football, video game style you should play Madden (i.e. rocket catches, cheese plays, etc). If you like simulation style football and don't cheese then NCAA is for you. If you can play defense then NCAA is good, if you need help Madden helps since everyone on the D is "pro caliber".

I personally like college football better in real life, b/c you can pitch the ball in the option.

One thing I didn't care for in Madden is the Madden test, I can press the buttons on the "running test" similar to guitar hero but when it comes to the real game pressing those buttons doesn't help. I had an all madden running ability after the "test" but couldn't do very well against the cpu defense b/c I "supposedly" had a great running ability. Pressing buttons in a quick sequence is "video game" style to me.

In NCAA the USER BIG HIT doesn't cause a turnover nearly as often either.

The recruiting is a cool feature. I started a dynasty with Wyoming and it's fun trying to build them.

You can find some good sliders online that make the game fun yet challenging.

As for your questions:

1) You can run w/ your qb if he's fast and you follow your blockers. You can also shut it down on D by using the hot route "QB SPY".

2) Not sure what a Robo QB is. Another nice thing about NCAA is you can play with many different teams that all have different strengths and weaknesses, so you may have a team with a good QB (i.e. Florida) or a not so good QB, (i.e. Army). Seems like in Madden they are ALL professionals so they should all be pretty good.

3) If you can read a defense then you can pass. If you throw to the open man he will catch or you can user catch. Throwing into coverage will get a pick or a knock-down but nothing crazy like I've seen w/ the rocker catching or jet packing on youtube for madden.

"Please let me know the differences from Madden! "
It's similar but different. If you have Madden you should rent NCAA and once you play a few games you will be able to tell the difference and see for yourself which style you like better. Madden's graphics of course look nicer but it usually does, NCAA 2010 will probably look more like Madden 09, seems like it always works that way. I had Madden but I like NCAA better, I traded Madden in on Fifa 09.

Hope this helps.