Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
thelasthurtknee
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: QB Choice and Zone Read Plays???

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerob
I just always slide block the way I am running and pick a hole, you have to think of getting 4 yds or more as a good rush, you make break a big run here and there but with the sliders I use (FISTof RAGE-Heisman) you cant get positive yds all the time you just have to keep pounding the ball
try blocking away to give you better seams to hit in the run game. blocking toward is more of a cut back lane scheme. this is real good for power runners on inside run plays but you might have to take on a backer in the hole. you need power for that. if you block away the tackle or te will block down on the end and give you either a crack inside the te or in his hole where he was or just outside the last man on the line. if you block up and have strong oline you can get a blast off the ball and will make 2 or 3 just on there push but a blitz can hurt you and the dline will get off easier because they can get off either way and can hurt you when you speed burst. on the power plays or any of the off tackle plays you can go either way. the speed of my rb and my line will tell me what im looking to do as of course the look they give me. try blocking away and see what you get.