Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Bumble14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 09 Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I have to agree with you fists. In my online dynasty with my friend, I let him be Miami while I picked Wake Forest. I recruited a WR who was a 2-star but had a 4.20 40-yard dash. I put him in the slot and I could rack up 200-yard games with him on a whim. I hardly threw to my outside WRs because I knew I could give this guy a crossing a route, complete it, and outrun the defense.

From then on I recruited speed only, RBs, CBs, WRs, QBs, all were recruited for their speed regardless of their ratings in other categories. I was winning NCs left and right....just didn't seem right, but I got to brag because I beat him in the ACC Championship Game every season.

I agree with you guys that speed was a major emphasis in this game-but not as drastic as Fists is trying to make it out to be.

To play devil's advocate here- aren't the fastest teams the best teams in real life as well? You can't teach speed, but you can pretty much teach everything else in football. Look at your National Champion as a prime example.