View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
fistofrage
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 09 Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I agree with you guys that speed was a major emphasis in this game-but not as drastic as Fists is trying to make it out to be.

To play devil's advocate here- aren't the fastest teams the best teams in real life as well? You can't teach speed, but you can pretty much teach everything else in football. Look at your National Champion as a prime example.
My point is no other stat matters besides speed. And there is an overabundance of offensive skill speed guys. Many of them ranked 2 & 3*'s. I don't mind having a few elite burners in the game. How many Percy Harvin's are there in the NCAA? But make them 5* prospects so everyone recruits them.

But it is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too easy to recruit 2 & 3* 99 speed guys that just blow the defense out of the water.

And if you are citing the national champions, yes they have speed on offense, but look at the final score too, a good defense can keep them in check. I could recruit just 2* speed and beat Florida on the toughest Heisman sliders, probably even roll the scoreboard.