Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Abar22
Rookie

Abar22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Some fair evaluations and criticisms, but I've heard a TON of good things about the Be A Legend mode. His point about being able to start with an existing player in FIFA is a good one and would have been a nice option in PES. But if he insists on comparing PES's BAL to FIFA's BAP, don't you think he should mention that FIFA's mode only lasts four seasons?
I agree. There also seems to be little complaining about a Be a Pro bug that basically ruins the mode. Whenever your teammates serve a suspension from yellow or red cards they never come back to the team for that season. 3/4ths of the way through my first season I realized Beckham and 3 other starters for the Galaxy were never coming back. At last count Becks was gone for 8 games before I decided to hang that mode up. The rumor was if you made captain there was a way to get them back by putting them in reserves for a game and then moving them back but why should this even be an issue?
Combine that bug with a 4 year limit and a lack of in season games (league cups or champs league is missing, can't remember) and the winner of the Be A _______ mode is apparent.
Advertisements - Register to remove