View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

I think when you compare the two games, you have to compare the two types of gamers.

It is my opinion that casual gamers picked FIFA over PES. How could you not be a casual gamer when MM is broken, yet you still hail it worthy - or how about the roue-one football shown by the AI. Or how about the fact that you can't give up 15 shots on goal on any level above Regular/Pro.

As for the hardcore gamer, gameplay...gameplay...gameplay...game modes...gameplay. I'm not going to go into detail, because usually the hardcore gamer is a soccer fan - not just a soccer video game fan. A hardcore gamer wants his 'MM" mode to be long-lasting, and the AI to be active in their transfers/negotiations. A hardcore gamer wants to be able to play 20-35 min real-time halves and still keep the score at 0-0 by halftime.

PES surpassed FIFA with flying colors in my opinion. Did anyone ever notice that EA changed their control scheme to match that of PES the last couple of years?

I don't know who came up with what is considered "next-gen" graphics or not, but I believe PES does a great job at representing true physicality of players.

FIFA 09

PES 2009