View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
doute
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: All Top Rank Players Cheesers?

I think the cheese goals are what they are. Stop it, or stop complaining.

That being said, I employ the "protect the net" defensive strategy. This is not a one stop process. all it does is place your team in the optimal position for defending the wraparound technique.

highlight the player closet to the puck. I suggest attacking the offensive player with one of your two defense men. by doing so, you have gained the power of forcing him to a specific side of the net. after you make your first attack, promptly highlight the defense men on the other side of the net. this will trap your opponent into either changing direction or facing you head on. I suggest practicing hitting so that you level him. if you miss a poke choke, you are left vulnerable by having a man open in the slot for a one-timer.
The wraparound technique, although simplistic, is an important phase to utilize. If the wraparound is not available, you have drawn defense men away from men in front of the goal crease. make sure to make the first move, otherwise the attacking player will dictate what they wish to do with the puck leaving you vulnerable.