View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #82
krc1130
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: mike vick madden '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I hear you homie. What sucks is what he is going to go through once he is released.
See what sucks is that if your truly sorry people still wont believe you. Once your stuck with something it takes time to get rid if it. Now the good news is that it can go away.

2 quick Examples

Kobe Bryant.
He had rape chargers. When this 1st surfaced he was harrassed to death everywhere he went, and he beat the case.

Jason Giambi
Got caught taking steroids. Heard it everywhere he went.

Now what did they do to wash it away.
They stood clean ever since, and in Giambi's case admitted it right away. He didnt lie and insult the intellignece of the people. Now since he didnt lie and get caught later on. (Roger Clemens anyone). He made it easy for people to move on from his situation.

Time heals all wounds, as long as Vick stays very clean. He committs ton of time to charity. He also can beat this. The brother just has to work hard it, and stay that way. Then in due time it will go away.

Remember he said he wasnt involved and then when he got cornered admitted it, so he will has to work alot harder than Giambi, but he can do it if he wants to.

Plus the media. The worst monster of them all. They can make matters alot worse.
If he knows how to play the game he can actually make the media work in his favor.
While I agree there COULD be a chance that Vick beats the "Dogkiller" Title but I think it is extremely unlikely.

Kobe has been a stand-up kinda guy after the charges were dismissed and Giambi has played well enough for people to forget his steroid use.

However, Dogs are mans best friend for a reason. Ever notice that people seem to get really upset when hearing about the "murder" of a dog and sometimes some people are more upset over a dog death than a human death? People of the world just flat out love dogs (not everyone but a think a big majority of us do).

So Vick will always be associated with killing dogs regardless of how well he does IF he comes back. (I really wouldn't be suprised if someone beat the crap and/or shot him after he got out of jail, again people LOVE dogs)