View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #86
rainesdaddy
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: mike vick madden '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
While I agree there COULD be a chance that Vick beats the "Dogkiller" Title but I think it is extremely unlikely.

Kobe has been a stand-up kinda guy after the charges were dismissed and Giambi has played well enough for people to forget his steroid use.

However, Dogs are mans best friend for a reason. Ever notice that people seem to get really upset when hearing about the "murder" of a dog and sometimes some people are more upset over a dog death than a human death? People of the world just flat out love dogs (not everyone but a think a big majority of us do).

So Vick will always be associated with killing dogs regardless of how well he does IF he comes back. (I really wouldn't be suprised if someone beat the crap and/or shot him after he got out of jail, again people LOVE dogs)
yeah im wit ya there, but those guys, especially kobe ,were never thought to be anything negative. down here, vick was considered a "thug", cuz of baggy pants, cornrows, etc., before the drama. Many doubted kobe raped that girl (me included), it just didnt feel right. but ive said all along, when he lied to blank and goodell, they couldnt back him like they would have if he had come clean initially. also he didnt think he was doin anything wrong in his mind, thats a way of life up there.