View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
nowitzkiftw
Rookie

OVR: 2
Tips for Beating the 2-3 Zone (Online)

Okay so I generally play as the Magic online, seeing as they're my favorite team and they have my favorite player on it. I don't cheese with them, and the majority of Dwight's points generally come off putbacks.

Other people usually assume I'm gonna cheese so they stick a 2-3 zone on me. This is not a hard thing to beat, theoretically. What I normally do is run a guy to the high post and pass it in and then just react to the defense breaking down, and I'll usually end up with a decent midrange jumper. Or I'll just swing it really fast around the perimeter (while the random idiot I'm playing goes nuts with the steal button) and usually end up with a pretty good, at least somewhat open 3. The 3's are the problem.

Everybody on the Magic is pretty much a netburner from 3, that's what makes them so effective irl.

Well so I have this pretty open shot right? Well online it's not so great. Opposing players recover way too fast/far (especially with turbo), the inconsistent lag messes up my timing on some shots, sometimes if I try and get a quick release the player will just pumpfake - basically the shot won't go in, even if I do get what seems like a near-perfect release. I've had games where I've just basically taken what the D gives me and I've shot like 20% from 3.

Advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove