View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #29
alliance4g63
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Next Gen Football...where's the "fun"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Homie your missing the whole point about the vision cone. While your concerns was that your opponents saw who u was staring down , is the same exact reason why I love it. You know how many times I looked one way to make the oppoenet go away from where I wanted to throw. It was insane. The vision cone made routes like the chair route a success, or the pump and go. The Vision cone was insane and very realistic to use.

I would stare down a slot wr doing a out, the player would jump to double team thus leaving my steaking WR 1 on 1 with no safety help. The vision cone also helped when player loved playing zone defenses only. It helped braking the zone apart.

I guess it all depends on how well you knew how to use it. Better Line make it a options. For those that dont get it , so they can turn it off for us that do know how to feak it u can turn it on.

Vision Cone was a feature that once learned it became a perk. U play me and see for yourself. You will qucikly learn to play your defensive assigment and not my looks cause ill have you running all over the place lol.

Players need to stop focusing on why it doesnt work , and put the same effort on how to make it work.
And I used it the same way. I just think it helped people too much as(IMO)I think it made it easier to anticipate where someone was going. The majority of the time, you are not throwing to the first receiver the cone is on.

I love the idea but I think this needs to be done without a giant flashlight on the field. They need to bring back the mechanics of it but elimate the theatrics. It would be sweet to have to go through the progression with a simple movement of the analog stick. It would take alot of finesse and ease, so people that master it would be great.