View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
baa7
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I've had this game for about a week and a half, I'm totally frsutrated against the CPU. They score cheap goals where they stand right around the goalie and just tip it in. Then when they score one, they score another 2-3 right behind it.

They can skate up and down the ice with the pcuk and my guys move like molasses when I have the puck, and get stripped way to often.

I've NEVER, in 20 years of gaming, had to play any game ever on Rookie, and I'm having to do so here.
That's been an issue with this series for three years now. Given there are no real sliders in the game, the only fix is to lower all CPU players' Aggressiveness ratings into the 50's, then lower selective players' Speed, Agility and Shot Accuracy ratings. I understand that's too much work for everyone, but I'm saying that's how badly programmed this game is. And unless you're willing to do that, the game is drink-coaster material.

I've edited a few teams now, and was able to switch from playing on Pro to playing on Superstar. I'm actually pretty happy with the games I'm getting now. The CPU cheating has basically disappeared. And I get good games with decent CPU defensive play, lots of hitting, plus CPU penalties (something you don't see on Pro).