View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 AM   #48
Coach Rob A
Rookie

Coach Rob A's Arena

OVR: 3
The two teams that come to mind for me that will probably not be on this list are the Houston Rockets from NBA Live '95 and the all star team, featuring a player named "Air Allnite" from David Robinson's Supreme Court.

The Rockets team from NBA Live had starters Vernon Maxwell, Kenny 'The Jet' Smith and Robert Horry draining 3's and a front court that dominated on both ends in the paint in the form of Otis Thorpe and Hakeem Olajuwon. If that line-up got tired of blowing you out they'd sub-in the likes of Mario Elie, Sam Cassell and (inexplicably) Matt Bullard who would continue to the scoring barrage. If the game could have included Cassell's ‘Testicle Dance’ into the game I would have angrily rammed my SNES through a wall.

In David Robinson's terrible game there were no preset teams every game would start with a fantasy draft where one could choose from of all of the players in the game. If you played against a friend the winner would be determined by who was randomly selected to pick their player first because that person would always take a blonde, unassuming guard named Air Allnite who MURDERED EVERYONE. He made at least 95% of any shot he took once he crossed the half-court line. There was little difference between the 2nd best player and the worst player in that game, but the difference between Allnite and the No. 2 guy was immeasurable...actually it wasn't, it was usually measured by a final score of 150 - 65. Curse you David Robinson for introducing that pixilated man into my life and subsequently, my nightmares.